Thunderbird does not provide a convenient way to change the order in which your email accounts are listed. They just appear in the order they have been set up in.
To change that you have a few options (e.g. via a plugin or via the config editor) of which I like the following the most because it's the most rudimentary way:
- Close Thunderbird
- Open your filebrowser e.g. by:
SUPER + a, then type
- Browse to your Thunderbird folder:
CTRL + lenter
- Open the folder with the cryptic name that ends with
- Open the preferences file:
- Find the relevant entry:
CTRL + f, enter
What you fill find looks a bit like this:
accountsX,accountsY,accountsZ-part corresponds to your accounts list in Thunderbird.
- Save and open up Thunderbird.
- If the order did not turn out like you wanted, close Thunderbird again and repeat the last steps.