The Technisat SkyStar HD is a USB pluggable DVB-S receiver. It's one of the cheapest and works under Linux. They advertise Linux support by having Tux on their packaging - one needs to pull the firmware file from a third party site nonetheless :-/
- Install Raspbian (at the time of writing: wheezy) e.g. via Noobs.
- Download the firmware and move it to:
- To get the SkyStar HD working we need to update the kernel:
- Plug in the device.
dmesgshould yield inter alia:
[ xxxx.xxxxxx] dvb-usb: Technisat SkyStar USB HD (DVB-S/S2) successfully initialized and connected.
- Set up either Tvheadend or VDR. I wrote a tutorial for Tvheadend here.
- LinuxTV: Technisat SkyStar USB HD